The Weekend Spectator

Lot of things happening on a busy weekend.

Try as I might, the 8:30 a.m. alarm fails to separate me and Sameera Reddy (voted as the fittest actress in Bollywood), who is hell bent on acting with me in her next movie called “Maanav bana Daanav” where I am supposed to be the protagonist.

It became a lot tougher this weekend, when the only source of “awakening” was the doorbell which I think played all the nursery rhymes from “jack and Jill” to “ Three blind mice” before the battery ran out.

Dreamy eyed, and still chased by Sameera, I managed to peep out of the door with my disheveled looks only to find a stranger, who looked as tough as Mike Tyson, which made me realize I had not made my credit card payment on the due date.

Luckily, he happened to be one of the residents of the colony and had come to cordially invite some “senior” member of the house to attend the General Body Meeting to discuss issues of grass root level importance.

Since I did not have anything better to do other than watching “Ramgarh ka Sholay” on “FILMY”, which comprised of look alikes of popular actors, rendering a different touch to the original movie, I decided to have a first hand impression of what happens in a GBM.

After scouting around as to where the health center existed in the township where I stay ( that was where the meeting was scheduled and I had never been to the “health” center before), I gingerly entered the hall which more resembled an improved version of a local panchayat. The elderly formed the core group with all uncles forming the second rung of defence. A Lot of issues ranged, prime among which were the following:

• A concrete plan on celebrating Holi
• Annulling the extra membership fee of Rs 200 for using the health center
• A core committee to conduct free and fair elections for posts within the Association
• A beautifully worded ”Angreji” letter on action against the present management member Mr. “U” for having misbehaved with the ladies (don’t let imaginations run wild : Mr. U had apparently put up his hands when a “lady” had requested him to carry 20 kilos of her vegetables home).
• A point on bringing the Ganga river water into all our households

The last point was something we could do without, if we did not want our final immersion to happen immediately in the same water.

However, the uncles around this place are a little hot headed and some “almost old losing all hair” uncle took what the “rimmed glasses but all grey hair” uncle’s comments on the working of the local body, as a personal remark.

Though most exchanges happened in chaste Hindi,( not my type which aligns itself to the Mumbaiyya ishtyle), but nonetheless it was much fun.

Eventually, most issues were resolved and the “health center” was thrown open to all till such a time the management reverts on the membership fee.

People like me have accepted this offer with glee, since I first need to know if my current Olive Oyle structure can be changed to match that of Arnold Shivajinagar (whatever that dude’s name is :p) before I actually start paying for something that may be beyond reach.Meanwhile I have been re-united with a game that has graduated from me playing the same with tumblers and ladles as nets on the dining table to a standard Table Tennis court.

Bikes and Sports run deep as passions for most “bachelors” I am told.*wink*

And while I explore what faciltities the health center has in store, separating me from Sameera Reddy should probably become much easier now!

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
7 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    Well Holi is certainly round the corner now...and just a few days away...people everywhere are in the Holi spirit as well..and to enjoy the true spirit of Holi just drop by my blog on Holi Celebrations and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    Gawd! You are such a wannabe! Gimme a break. Wake up and smell the coffee or something. And you'll know better than to let Sameera Reddy know of this blog of yours. Sheesh!

  3. @hm: thanks a ton HM, I dont know why you hate my blogs but one thing's for sure, you atleast read through them before making nasty comments.

    Thanks again

    cheerio

  4. gravatar Anonymous

    you bet!

    my one-stop place for cheesy stuff...

  5. gravatar Anonymous

    And yes, you are most welcome.

    I cannot help but dislike your blog (blogs?? do you have more than one of these babies of yours floating around in cyberspace??? - or did u mean posts?) or be nasty (read truthful) to you.

    :-)

  6. gravatar Anonymous

    i guess im late to comment on this blog, par woh kehte hain na better late than never....i must say your every blog is a rejuvinating session for me,i enjoy that every pun u intend to place right. And one good advice to HM, he/she should refrain himself from reading these blogs if he thinks they are so very disgusting, kyun apna health kharab kar rahe ho yaar...or even better Mr/Miss HM, why dont you start blogging, i bet they wouldnt be better than your creative comments....take care and chao...

  7. Hi Akanksha,

    Thanks for the comments. I received a nasty comment on my latest blog post from some anonymous reader as well. So guess it's part of the game :).

    Do keep dropping by!