Ninnindale...Ninnindale...

Music in any form is something that I have enjoyed through the years, but there are very few songs have caught my attention so much that they get ingrained in memory simply for the quality of music and emotion that they portray.

The last Bollywood song that I remember belonging to this category was “Kya Mujhe Pyaar Hai” from Woh Lamhe. But looking at the Kannada film industry, there has not been a single song of this repute that I’ve enjoyed as much for a long time.

As they say, for music to be classified as “classic”, it should be near perfect in all constituent aspects including melody, tune, lyrics, emotion, situation and most of all how it is packaged and rendered in totality.

For almost 4 weeks now, I have been listening to one particular song that has swept me off my feet – “Ninnindale..Ninnindale..” from the movie Milana. The first time I heard this was on a local FM station while returning from work at 11:30 in the night, and has since redefined my liking for the song, each time I listen to it, so much that it has mandated a separate blog post to be dedicated to it.

With music being composed by none other than Mano Murthy , lyrics by Jayanth Kaikini, ,picturised in the exotic locations of Europe and melodiously rendered by Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal, this song just makes the listener sway and get fully immersed into the elements of the song.

Kudos to the team that put together this song. It simultaneously brings out emotions of energy ,tranquility love & angst, and combines the genres of rock, hip hop, fusion and classical carnatic. A unique combination indeed.

And even as I listen to the song in repeat mode on my laptop for the 21st time in the past 4 hours, I also find the same reverberating through the headphones of colleagues around me, and am not sure this would continue for many days to come.

Signing off, here I am, diving deep into the melody of the music. “Ninnindale Ninnindale..” turn on the volume guys. This is heavenly..

P.S. - Thanks to M.V. for sharing this song.

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
3 Responses
  1. Believe me I had the same problem.. not many new hummable Kannada numbers, until I came across Anisutide by Mano Murthy and Sonu Nigam again..(Mungaaru maLe)..Thank God for Ma Mu!
    (Kya Mujhe Pyaar hai was the apartment anthem here 4 months ago, we would play it atleast twice everyday on full blast..the song is so alive.)

  2. Dude I am still hooked to this number..:) thanks for the gyan!

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    hi boss thanks for the comments..
    i'm from kerala but i've a great ambition to learn kannada as my roots lie at karnataka... am a lover of kannada language and am looking forward to for a chance so that i can start speaking in kannada...
    well i do have a collection of kannada film songs of which my favourite ones are

    Mungara Malaye- Mungara Malaye

    Ninnindale Ninnindale Kanasondu - Milana

    Malee Ninthu Hoda- Milana.

    can anybody email me the meaning of wordings of these songs...

    please... my email id is krishkailu@gmail.com

    regards
    kailas