Rab Ne Kyun Bana Di Jodi?

Well, if the name brought to you, images of Akshay Kumar (urf Rajiv Bhatia, for those who dint know), I would quite agree, coz movie titles like Rab, Jodi etc. best suit the action man of Bollywood.

But, this is different. Akki is not the topic of discussion.

After a hectic 2nd term - the last exam of which concluded on friday, the entire batch of IIM Shillong descended on Payal Cinema to get the first day release of "the film that should not be named" - lest Aditya Chopra sue me for negative publicity.

In fact I dare him to do so. For a person who loved DDLJ and the charm that the movie carried, RNBDJ (or what ever you want to call it) comes as a cropper.

It's almost as if Aditya Chopra woke up one fine morning and said "Hey, I have loads of excess cash in my account. Let's make a movie" and thus RNBDJ was made.

A weak story line, force fit situations, unwarranted melodrama, and some attrocious lyrics - things that make a movie out of a nightmare.

The movie portrays the life of a simpleton Surinder who, by using his alter ego of Raj tries to win his wife Thaani over. Period.

In fact if these lyrics especially the one that goes "Dance pe Chance Kar le:" can make a song, then I am definitely going to be the next Javed Akhtar of Bollywood.
But there was one thing that everyone looked forward to in the movie - "The INTERVAL" and then of course, "THE END".

The only respite for the viewers was the acting of Vinay (who plays Bobby Khosla in the movie)and the freshness of Anushka Sharma(whose name in the movie is comprehended only in the last half hour).

I was shocked to see the rating of 4/5 that Rediff gave the movie - simply atrocious - Almost as if the Chopras wrote the review themselves. I would more settle for the realistic rating of Rajiv Masand of IBN who gives it a 2 star not before ripping it apart.

If I were to summarize the movie in one line, it's an "Insult to Intelligence" with the most improbable of outcomes that form the storyline. The Chopras have come up as I said earlier, with some of the best blockbusters ever, but this was a complete Khichri into which they fail to put any kind of masala or tadka whatsoever. The concept was innovative but it could have been much better in execution.

All in all, a completely avoidable film even if you are a die hard Shah Rukh fan.

Well as far as the class was concerned, we had a hearty laugh that was reminiscent of a similar movie experience that "Jhoom Barabar Jhoom" had presented.

The lesser I speak, the better it would be, even as I wait for the release of "Ghajini" to rid my movie taste buds from the awful taste that RNBDJ has left....

Aamir Khan, please don't disappoint us....

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
4 Responses
  1. I expected this. waiting to see the movie just so I can feel do the "I told you so," to myself!

    All overhyped movies seldom have any thing to actually say!

  2. I expected this. waiting to see the movie just so I can feel do the "I told you so," to myself!

    All overhyped movies seldom have any thing to actually say!

  3. Read ur blog after ages.. and will go with ur verdict and not waste any money on the movie..
    Yash raj has completely lost it, I guess!!

  4. Whatever You have blogged is 200% right.... This was the worse than worst movie which I have ever seen after Jhoom Bara Bar......