Friendship's Journey.....

I stood by you in times of sorrow and joy;
I did so too when surrounded by hoi polloi
I tried as much and managed to swallow all my fears,
So that I could, always wipe off your tears

I thought, I assumed and presumed for long,
That my assumptions could never be wrong,
And I moved all along advising you,
That the world is not like me and you..

You listened, You heard, I sought confirmation
I thought, as much, you comprehended the situation,
I knew for long that I’d never be shunned; this was a consolation:
In what I could comprehend in my limited imagination.

Days’ve passed and so have the seasons;
I’ve shared a bond of friendship with no precondition,
But today when the scheming hoi polloi emerged:
You turned your back on me and left me submerged…

You might have had reasons galore,
Existence of which has become folk lore;
Though a choice you did make today,
I shall still hope you realize someday..

No emotion is also a state of emotion:
This is what I feel as I type this explanation;
Learning to let go, for me is perhaps the only way;
Even when many, off our path try to make us sway…

Tracks diverge and so do they intersect;
Am human too; so I introspect:
Did I err somewhere, on this journey?
Answers to which may still remain a mystery….

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
5 Responses
  1. I absolutely loved it...and can very much relate to it....

  2. gravatar Vinay

    nice.. :)
    quote unquote from ur blog... :)
    Learning to let go, for me is perhaps the only way.
    So Chill maadi. :)

  3. Maga... nice blog maga...

  4. hey, i really liked this... nice expression...:)

  5. Its a grt one.. Learning to let go, for me is perhaps the only way - This sentence in a way is painfully funny...