5 weird things I do


Okie..Here I go...anu has graciously tagged me to her blog and by not responding to this,I dont want to incur the wrath of one of the few people who regularly takes time out to visit my blog, apart from attending to other emergencies like saving America from the clutches of George Bush.

I have been known for quite a few weird things as a kid, many of which deserve a place in the Limca Book of world records [the Guinness Book is underway]. Right from believing that restaurants would lock us in if we did not leave by 21:00, to being conned by my aunt that giving me a bath as a 4 year old kid with goggles on, actually made her blind and save me the embarrasssment[she sourced a pair from God knows where], I've outgrown the days to evolve as a rational human being. bah!

Nevertheless, here I ramble off on 5 weird things I continue to do in no order of priority.

1)Speaking to fellow homo sapiens in the office restroom

I have this uncanny knack of striking a conversation with colleagues 'busy' in the loo. It ranges from just a 'Hi' to discussing the company's H.R. policies at length. I have received different reactions to my pleasantaries from people that makes it even more interesting.While some reciprocate, others look at me as if i had just asked Mallika Sherawat to wear a Salwaar kameez. But my rationale is that when business deals can get signed over mugs of beer, some classified information can also be exchanged,over, ...well, never mind.

2)I make weird 'pop' sounds with my tongue

I have been 'gifted' with this strange habit of popping air bubbles in succession pushing my tongue against the inside of my upper jaw . It can at times sound provocative, but I've tried it outside Sathyam Cinemas and have not been booked for eve teasing. So I guess it's o.k.

3) Making Granny memorize world cup cricket schedules

My Grand mom's interest for cricket is as much as Inzamam-ul-Haq's urge to learn a few correct pronounciations in English, though granny roots for Indian victories and the men in blue have disappointed her on many occasions. But I have made it a point to make her memorize the world cup fixtures (dates) starting from the '99 world cup.
It's a pity she could not remember all the venues per say, and found player names like Motabananzo difficult to recall. Well, even Sunny Gavaskar could not get this Zimbabwean's name right and referred to him as "the young kid" for atleast three consecutive games.Now let me test myself.. Namibia versus Scotland happened on...err... Ajji,please forgive your little Satan..and please pray I dont go to hell for the tortute I have inflicted upon you.

4) Wearing 'lucky' apparel

Inspired by famous success stories of the "luckiness quotient" of clothes I ventured out to explore it's effectiveness. All (well half of most) my Engineering semester Exams were written, with me wearing a navy blue tee shirt and a light blue jean. Now I know why Arvind and Ashvini scored lesser marks than mine. Awwww...the stench !! and they were on the roll calls adjacent to mine.

No, I actually had Surf Excel Suraksha. I continued wearing this combo on the exam days for four continuous semesters, till i passed one paper with the least possible marks...the flip side is that i dint flunk the paper.

Maybe Ganguly needs to change the color of his jersey from light blue to CPM's Red, for a change in his fortune.

5) Composing mimicry and remixing lyrics in the bathroom

Who ever said that inspiration comes best when in the bathroom was dead right about it.Much of my micmicry practice happens during the 'early morning somethings' with my room mate banging the door in frustration. But the resilient individual that I am, I continue with Balamurli Krishna, Vajpayee, Sachin in their characteristic voices that has been recently topped up with composing a remix depicting the recent election results in Tamil Nadu.

The insurance guys are earning a fortune. I've taken extra cover as atleast 50 people i know would want to bash me into a pulp right now for mimicing their voices[P.S.- this includes people @ office and batchmates in College].

My Net insurance worth is 4,000,000. Hard to believe, eh? The point is that the currency in usage is Japanese Yen.

Meanwhile Shekar Suman ki Jai Ho and Jhonny Lever Zindabaad.

Maybe I should quit my job and start performing Stage shows...Pretty optimistic I guess...

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
12 Responses
  1. har har har har har!!! those were some of the weirdest thigns I have heard in my life! Well Seashells (fellow blogger) called me a weirdo...i guess thas because he hasn't read yours ;)

  2. I keep reading your blogs every now and then, this is the funniest yet!
    we are all so crazy at some levels!

    Keep up the zany ways!

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    Well Ashu, lot of people do read your blog, but do not find time put their comments.
    And one of the reasons for this is that you keep updating your blogspot a lot faster than people can even read the blogs.
    Or they might have run out of adjectives to describe your blog. [:D]

  4. @anu: ya, God save the people around me :)

  5. @megha: thanks Megha, the best part of blogging is you get to network a lot with people

  6. @karthik: point taken my friend :)

  7. Great List, Ashu..

    Sometimes even I do the 4th weird thing of yours :-)

    Interestingly narated :-)

  8. gravatar Anonymous

    Hi! I have been reading ur blog since long but never bothered to leave a comment.Finally I made it today to leave one. Your creativity does go wild and u apply so many facts just as a passing reference.Great talent..Keep it up. This one was really interesting. And just a point; is it per say or per se?
    Guess Who

  9. :)) good 1 ashu... but wel its these wierd things tht sometimes make life worth living...
    ...
    ...
    ...

    actually i cant think how, but tht jus seemed like a good punch dialogue from a visu movie tht i had to fit it in!!!

  10. @anonymous:

    Well, i can't guess who this is unless you give me a hint :) ..and yes, your are right, it is per se..

    i stand corrected ...

  11. gravatar Anonymous

    Hi Ashutosh!
    I am not surprised to read these things about you. I rememer being as victim.The first thing I had to hear when I woke up on the morning we reached Belgaum was someone imitating me in a way that me hate myself for what I was. So I realised that the first thing that even you do when you wake up is to imitate someone.

    And abt your light blue jeans, it is no surprise again! I have seen you wearing it for so many competetions!

  12. gravatar Anonymous

    HI Ashu,

    It was wonderful to read your blog. This is my first time and believe me, i am hooked. Keep me posted of any new posts ok

    Girish