Page 3 @ Chennai.


The Movie Page 3 was a shot out of the dark, bringing me to terms with reality of life. And after that movie, I did not have much luck in witnessing "live" Page 3 parties for long.

Before I get into the narration, I'd like to clarify the types of Page 3 parties.

The Base level Party: Cocktails and Dinner at home with the whole Moholla in your drawing room.
The Level C Party:Cocktails and Dinner at a Five Star Hotel with no DJ/Disc
The Level B Party:Cocktails and Dinner at a Club House/Resort with DJ and Disc
The Level A Party:the lesser I speak, the better.

Being in Corporate Circles brings with it the aura of elevation and status, so opine the industry pundits.

I happened to be an invitee at one of the Level C Page 3 parties, courtesy: one of the major industrial bodies in India at a Star Hotel in Chennai.

I'd like to categorize the types of people who attended the same.

Type 1 : "I came for the food, dont bother me" type.

They are a conspicuous lot but few in number. Right from the beginning to the end they are attached to eatables like the bus conductor is to his whistle. Not to be taken seriously.

Type 2 : "I have a printing press, so I am distributing cards" type.

This band of people always move around with a drink in one hand and the other hand is permanently in the coat pocket trying to hand out a visiting card @ 1 per minute.They are nomadic and finish their drink when the first batch of diners are ready to leave. They are generally the "new kids" on the block.

Type 3: "Ha Ha Ho Ho. merry X mas" Type

They are a band of regulars at the Page 3 circuit who hit each other's backs and enquire " Long time .How have you been" though they would have met a week earlier. And then they continue with intermittent guffaws on some sad PJs.

Type 4: The "you know how the heat is affecting my complexion" ladies' gang

This one's special. These are women (generally married)sipping on gin/vodka, and are adorned with imitation jewellery. They are the typical saas bahu phylum of Ekta Kapoor's "K" serials. None the less, occasionally the stiff upper lip is brought into picture.

Type 5 : "The kids" gang.

No.they are not "KIDS". They are tattoed and pierced overgrown brats who are typically in faded torn jeans and a black tee shirt and spiked hair with a thick gold chain around their necks. They know only 3 words : "yes Man, No Man".

I could go on for long on the other categories of people, but I just have one thing to say it all looks so showy from the outside, does it reflect from within?

So, till the next Page 3 Party where I discover the nature of other Page 3 classes , " Kitney Ajeeb, Rishtey hain Yahan pe...."

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
2 Responses
  1. Wow! Our very own village...Nambave mudiyala (Cannot believe it!)...I guess we have always had these parties happening for ever...I have been to a couple with my dad...and I really had a great time...esp,like you mentioned, the food is always kick ass!

    I don't know but tell me really are you that offended by someone not wearing a mangalsutra? I really cannot imagine wearing mine with my offical work clothes...They just cannot be hidden, they do not match the colors, and they stand out making everyone ask questions!

    Anyhoo TC.

  2. @anu:coming to think of it, I actually agree with you. suitable modifications done to the post.. cheers