M[H]ouse Hunt


7 days to go before I have the limitless sky as my roof and the boundless air as my walls. Yes, after a dramatic breakdown of the third round table talks, we have been left with just about a week to vacate the premises of Syndicate Residency.

The cause for the breakdown is that the residents of E-14 who were to make way for us to shift in from A-11, have extended what was supposed to be a sojourn by two more months. In the mean time, I have been brokering with a colleague who is on a three month assignment in Australia and lives in the same colony to lend ‘her’ flat to us till the E-14 royalty vacates what was supposed to have been ‘our’ abode.

I shall know the result of that by Thursday. [fingers crossed].

Back up options are being put in place( knowing the fickle minded human emotion and the twist of destiny).

I think Usha Uthup uncle (refer previous post) is really cross with me… ‘Uncle’ If you are reading this, please have a heart and spare us the agony of shifting out of the colony.. I promise you, I will find a handsome Rolls Royce for your cute Limousine.

But as I see #36, A-11, blurring away in the background, I will be moving out with nostalgia after having spent a good 2 years in the place..

The trivia about the house is that is has been lucky for visa applicants..
Starting from Sagar Vasani to Ritesh Agarwal, it has been a guest house for people from MVIT and the rest of the Bangalore junta, owing to its proximity to the U.S. Consulate. ‘Badey Bhaiyya’ a.k.a Abhishek, my ex- flatmate even got his H1 B visa from this very house.

In the melee, Dr. Vaishak has been the most affected, having moved in to stay with us 5 days ago, he has to shift again. I am sure, he can help us get contacts with some high profile patients at the Madras Medical College.

The owner had given us time till June 20, but this morning he called to inform that on consultation with his wife, the coming Sunday is a good day for him to move in.. I was in half a mind to tell him about the breach of agreement, but, at the end of the day, the humanitarian feel a bachelor is supposed to have for a ‘family man’ took the better of me.

The Kannada adage which says “Bekkige chellata, Ilige prana sankata” holds true in this case… [ merry making for Cat is life trouble for Mouse]. Well, excuse me for the translation, but I was trying to stay as verbatim as possible.

And amidst all this, a colleague passes a number of another broker who has “good” contacts.

I am reminded of the house hunt we had exactly two years ago, on the hostile streets of Chennai where we knew none in an alien land. Now, atleast I know a few people to network with.

Meanwhile Samaritan Sibil (of Birlasoft Mallu fame)has agreed to take me in, in case I am rendered homeless.

In the words of the Alchemist, I am flowing with the river of life, and the Bay of Bengal is not far away. However , you know what to do, if you find a tall, lanky and smart guy in glasses wandering around T Nagar, Chennai during the next couple of days…

Give me a home, and I shall give you an exclusive blog post [with images]-not a bad bargain eh..?. In the mean time, let me sign off with the words of Uppen Patel, (of 36 China Town fame), “Long Drive pe Chale” ?

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
7 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    Hey Ashu,

    I happen to own all flats in 3 km radius of Mahindra City. Take your pick. :D

  2. gravatar Anonymous
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. So where exactly is your apis? I hate house hunting too...I have finally after two years of deliberating just signed a lease with an apt. just two blocks away from work...

    I know there is a taboo against renting apartment/houses for Bachelors...that also might be bringing up some hurdles for you na? I hope things are changing with numerous bachelors moving to the city for job...At least boys can stay in a house as roomies...girls ellam only LH or paying guest...what a total pakao...

  4. Love your sense of humour! Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully with pix :)

  5. @tambourine girl a.k.a Sabita

    Sure Sabs, my pleasure...

  6. @Subbu: The 1st from left...in the watchman's hut...should get it for 10k rent at mahindra right :)

  7. @anu: great now you can work more since you are just a stone throw's away from work..lol