Mere samney waali building mein...



OK here goes.. The twenty something feeling has taken over me. thankfully it's come before I realise that I've missed the bus...

Well, a statutory warning for those coming to Chennai for prospective partner search.. Let me tell you that you would be wasting your time...

It's was one of those routine summer days when you would want to take those extra twenty winks in the morning after warm sultry nights have robbed you of your quota of rest [shucks Arjun Singh's lingo is getting to me]. Things obviously cannot get better when you have a Medico from John's and an MBA from Blue Star trying to sell A/C s to Eskimos with the rider that cooling the snow would would help their future generations build good quality igloos.. Yes, i know am rattling off at a tangent, but this is what happens on a daily routine with my two other flat mates who discuss issues of international importance up to 1 a.m. in the morning.

Gyan ranges from the strategies sea horses use for attracting their mates, to why P.C. Chidambaram should get himself involved in the Stock Market Crash. And poor Gauraw – the fourth roomie, amidst all this tries to portray that he is blissfully asleep with Bhojpuri love songs ringing in his head.

The story so far..

A small town boy [ I bet you can’t call Bangalore that] comes to a smaller town wrongly called a metro, and looks forward to meet smart colleagues of the fairer sex at the workplace and around the colony. But what he gets are only stories of competing companies having better crowds and he listens wide eyed to similar stories from far away lands.

I am sure all those who are single and ready to mingle can relate themselves to the situation described above.

When I came into Chennai, I was showered with oodles of love and care by the Usha Uthup aunty in the flat opposite to ours [definitely lesser in the glamour and make up than her original counter part]. I was even offered a spare fridge that the family was not using, then. I however declined the same and this was replaced by a supply of periodic delicacies that were prepared by them during the various festivals. For quite sometime, I was puzzled about such extra courtesies but then soon realized that Usha Uthup aunty had a prospective cute little daughter who resembled a limousine on the Chennai roads. [am sorry, but I haven’t yet reached the limits of my endurance, in my quest for finding a partner for propagation of the human species]. From the very next instance, Usha Uthup aunty has found me scampering into my burrows the moment she has sighted me, and has been left wondering why…Usha Uthup uncle has always been critical of bachelors and views them as potential anti family elements whose only aims in life are to smoke, listen to rock and booze till intoxication makes them attain their split personalities of Remo, as portrayed in the movie Anniyan.. Who ever forgot that all the so called “Uncles” were also bachelors at one point in time? Added to this, the uncles have the misconception that any “smart” individual who speaks to his daughters has the sole objective of translating his status from “Uncle” to “grandfather”. But what continues to puzzle me, is the perennial stand off between Usha Uthup uncle and Usha Uthup aunty regarding their take on “smart” bachelors. It’s almost like Manmohan and Musharraf with respect to their stand on Siachen..Guess this is a well orchestrated plan to trap gullible profiles.

Things have remained the same for the last two years but this morning I woke up in a lowly mood only to get delayed getting ready to office. But as I combed my hair in the Balcony mirror, I found a drastically different Chennai with a doe eyed beauty who happened to be in IT, in jeans and T shirt walking by. And as I got down the stairs, and walked to the parking lot to get my Kinetic Honda to office, she walked past again, and boy o boy, I was made to believe that today was my lucky day. Then she looked into my eyes, smiled like Radha did to Mowgli in Jungle Book, and asked me out to Barista this evening.

No ! it did not happen that way. She just walked past with disdain and moved away…And I am sure the good ones here are already taken and it’s not before long that a pulsar guy with “macho” er muscles whisks her away in front of my eyes…

Till then, I am singing to myself, “Jhalak Dikhlaa jaa, ek baar aaja aaja ”, [oh no, i must be possessed...check this] with a baseball cap and a black – red jacket adorning Himesh Reshmiya’s two day stubble look, hoping my luck will change…Also hope twinkle beauty parlor is not going to sue me for copying their copied ideas. Meanwhile, Sea horses are luckier…

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
1 Response
  1. Haha! Hey can you say that just because you are trying to patao uncle's daughter today that you would let any bachelor pataofy your daughter tomorrow?

    Just a thought, even I used to think about teachers with the same attitude at one time. Then I realized that they don't want us to commit the same mistakes like what they did and hence they are being strict with us...