Orkut Blocked...


Hmmm. after blogs being blocked, the autocratic censorship at the work place has raised its ugly head again...[well atleast from the point of view of active Orkutters].

Apparently, with the herd of freshers actively using Orkut at work, a decision to block the same was passed by SA, and this made the site inaccessible to 600 odd star employees, thus bringing to a standstill, the breadwinning occupation of these individuals who contributed to the top-lines of the organisation by constant networking through the website, and hence made hunting for prospective customers that much more easier.

However, SA, not appreciating this noble motive, felt that this brought down productivity and increased productivity.

Let me explain..This is actually a double meaning poor joke, that was provided as an explanation by SA.

Me: Hi SA, may i know the main concern that the organisation has with the usage of the harmless orkut?
SA (exhaling three symmetric rings of smoke in the cancer "smoking" zone): Well my friend, it's a clear indication of loss and gain of productivity

Me:Sorry? how can both happen? aren't they antonyms?
SA: No they are not.. See, work wise it's a loss of valuable time, but i heard this site promotes alliances and attracts membership from both the sexes thus forming a matrimonial service productively contributing to the future population of the country

Me: Come on SA, it can't be that bad...We get business on that place..we've found ex CEOs on Orkut.
SA: Really? Probably,it's only that they've found time to log on to the place after they became ex-employees..[another sad one at which I was expected to laugh]

Me: (realising that this ain't heading anywhere)
SA, look at me... I am an active user of the site too...I keep in touch with my long lost friends from school and kindergarten..Else I need to go to the Kumbh Mela every 12 years to find them..I don't have an internet connection at home too...Please have a heart....Orkut Baba will bless you...[Sniff Sniff]..
SA: Okay Okay! stop wetting my tobacco with your tears... Let me see what can be done...

Me: Oh Thank you SA.. A community would be created for you and your collection of PJs on Orkut...You would have a huge fan following from the entire office as the Messiah of communication and the savior of the singles ready to mingle
SA: Ok I think if that be the case something can be worked out..
But till then, you could probably use the time saved from over using the internet, in well, baby-sitting my kid on weekends...

Me: Well, this is not what I had bargained for...But, i believe in Poet Milton's words, "They also serve, who only stand and baby-sit?.."

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
5 Responses
  1. so finally can u orkut or not?

    hahaha :) you are funny!

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    Thanks Ashu.... Lets hope we will get back access to Orkut...

    Deepa

  3. Heh! That was hilarious! But tell me, SA was joking by having you babysit his kids. ;)

    Loved the story...and I featured it on Inside Orkut. Let me know when SA allows you guys to use Orkut again.

  4. gravatar Anonymous

    guys this definately works use it now http://www.freewarelinks.info/test/proxy

  5. gravatar Anonymous

    guys the url has changed now to http://www.freewarelinks.info