To eat or not to eat?



The basic instinct of any human being (No I am not referring to that: Corrupt you!) is to find three square meals a day (I still wonder why they call it square when most plates we eat in, are ellipses), and for those people living out of their cozy homes, in far away lands inhabited by alien species: they need four 'square' meals a day.

Two days prior to my departure to my home 'city' ( would not want to call Bangalore a town), dear mom called me up on the phone and enquired in a quivering voice similar to that of Nirupa Roy (The ever pervading mother of Indian Cinema) :

"Beta, ghar kab laut rahe ho? tumse baat kiye huey bees ghante ho gaye hai. Padosi ka ladka munnu har haftey aata jaata rehta hai.Tumharey paapa bhi intezaar kar rahe hai... jaldi aa beta, kaam toh chalta hi rahega". By the way, before my readers sympathise with munnu, he is the "bad boy" of the street who stays out of the house and comes back home at the end of the week when he runs out of money. Nevertheless, I got all senti and decided to pack my bags and catch the next bail gaadi (oops rail gaadi) to Bengalooru, like Aakash in Dil Chahta Hai.
By the way I think Aakash used the Hawai Gaadi in the movie, to travel fraam Aastrayliya to Humara India.

Awwww. wasn't that sweet?. Wish it would happen that way. I had been home just a month ago and when I announced the details of my being there over the weekend, Mom was so aghast that she asked me if e-cancellation of the ticket was possible and told me to utilize the option for the same. But like all mothers, whose hearts are made of Platinum, dear mom welcomed me with as much fanfare as depicted in the Siyaram Suiting advertisement, and the only component missing, was Dia Mirza.

After the customary "You look so lean and have gone down so much dear, you are not eating well" words, mom gave me many guidelines that could be compiled into a best seller, overnight. She stopped only when I told her that my waist size had increased by over an inch thanks to Chennai in general and Usha Uthup aunty in particular (Refer to the previous post here).

But mom was not convinced, and for the two days at home, my itinerary looked something like this:

5:30 - wake up!
6:30 - final wake up call or MS Subbulaxmi in max volume
7:00 - Tea with sprouts and biscuits
8:30 - BreakfEast
10:00- Freshly prepared Juice
11:00- Bakery Biscuits
11:30- Dry Fruit Snack
12:00- Soup
13:00-......................

I think the half day schedule was quite "filling" and I'll cut it short here, lest i be troubled by pangs of envy.

That's not the end of the story. This is the schedule on an off day. On a "special day", visits to grandma's, maamis' and buaji's houses leaves me with enough and more to chew the cud for two continuous days once back in chennai.

Mom strangely believes that there is a severe food shortage in chennai. So she packs up almost everthing and hence, I make it a point to carry an empty suitcase on my onward journey which comes back full, during the return trip.

Of course, These are coupled with the gellusils, haajmolas and Pudin Haara.

But then, as they say, "Mother's love is fattening, and I am not complaining". Rather, I am all set to participate in the T Nagar Sumo Wrestling competition next week. So wish me luck :)

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
9 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    dude i don understand why u missing this royal treat ment every day????!@!#!@#$!$@#$

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    Best of Luck.. ;)
    Nice one...

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    Hey Ashu guess u gotta remove the comment link from this page. Its just just fantastic. Only a heart that stayed away from its home can understand it... U know what it reminded me the incident that happened back in blore last time I had been to blore...

  4. @ani: hmmm far away from home buddy, that's y :)

  5. @andy: thanks :)

  6. @prashanth: he he ... kahani ghar ghar ki, eh?

  7. @tanu: bil kul sahi kaha aapne :)

  8. lucky u..to be around mom fr all the pamper and the spoils..what wud i not do to that...if only packing the bags nd getting back home was so easy!!!!!

  9. gravatar Anonymous

    All Moms are the same.