Logging off from Chennai!

I m finally back! For those of you who managed to notice my disappearance into oblivion, and mistook me for Anant Gupta, the rich kid who was kidnapped from Noida recently, thank you for bestowing me with celebrity status.

Yes, after Prince(no not the black and white computer game that we played 10 years ago @ NIIT centers. It is the boy rescued from the well who is now modeling for Kamadhenu water pumps), Anant is getting Bollywood offers for Prakash Jha’s latest film “Anarth ka Anth Anant ke sangh”.

A lot of developments have happened in the current week, apart from the kidnap and release of Anant. My sojourn in Chennai is coming to an end. Though I would not be flying off to distant lands or the greener pastures of the clichéd Amrica, like in most Subhash Ghai flicks, Mom is still holding the tip of her saree’s pallu, brushing aside my sweat and saying, “ Sambhal ke rehna beta, Duniya bohot buri hai”.

I am making my way to the Rajdhani of India, Saddi Dilli. The transition to the Hindi Heartland after 2.5 years in Tamizh strong hold would play a big role in sensitizing me to the much talked about cross cultural divide in the Indian Sub continent.

Chennai has been good to me, in more ways than one. After all, this is the city where I started my “career” in the hallowed portals of the IT industry where I took pride in spending my self-earned rupee, though not returning Dad’s ATM card in the first month, till I got my own.

My Tamizh has improved a lot, what once sounded Latin, now sounds like Malayalam, so I consider that as an improvement. But of course, my brush with corporate honchos is courtey: Chennai. And the food courts and eating joints’ yellow pages is going to be published by me soon.The most important thing though is that it has given me the confidence to survive in any hostile surrounding.

I was just listing out the changes likely to be encountered by me thorough this shift.

A change from dosa and vada to aloo prantha, from A.R. Rehman to Daler Mehendi, from Vanakkam Aiyya to Jai Hind Sirjee, is going to get some time to internalized, and the last thing I would want to say to the Auto wallah in Delhi is Noida Varingla?

But this is going to be ‘some’ experience to say the least. Ab Dilli dur nahin..

Logging out from Chennai..More on Delhi and my crazy travels in the next post!

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
3 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    So how is life there? Got adjusted to climate, food and work culture?

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    All the best Ashu,

    You Rock!!

    Girish

  3. Good luck Ashu!!

    'The most important thing though is that it has given me the confidence to survive in any hostile surrounding.'
    heheh, that was subtle :-P

    I hope Dilli treats you well.