Weekend tamasha Dilli de naal !

I always wanted to write this particular clichéd statement as the opening line in one of my pieces. And today I’ve got the opportunity to do so. “The time is 2:05 a.m. and I am writing this blog in the chill of the wintry night!” Ah, that feels nice. Almost as if a heavy burden is off my back. As I sit back, illuminated by the light of the incandescent reading lamp across my bed in the guest house, the warmth of the Lux Cotts wool thermal adds a quarter of a degree to my body temperature and protects me from being transformed into a frozen Neanderthal mammoth of the previous millennium.

Yes, the minimum temperature that was recorded yesterday was 6.5 degrees Celsius and that is a degree above normal, I am told. Wow! Wonder how close we are to the Arctic Circle. And imagine a wedding party that is running late into the night, funding Himesh Reshmiya’s nasal implant expenses by playing his constipated songs at this wee hour, asking people for donations. Don’t worry Himesh ji, Just as Delhi washed their clothes with Surf Excel to collect Rs.5 Lakhs for a noble cause, your music shall be promoted in a similar manner.

My first week end in Noida has been good fun. With work pressures during the week soaring like the BSE sensex, I was left with little choice, but to work late nights, of course with intermittent supplements of Maggi tomato Soup. I entered the wee hours of Saturday morning, trying to pull out something like the magician’s rabbit, so that my client would be convinced about my skills in using Microsoft Power point. Post that, my boss took me along to his residence (and I am grateful to him for that) and made me devour hot and good home food that turned my deep blue frozen skin into pale pink. As a guest I also got to have a hefty breakfast the next morning and almost felt like staying over for lunch like the shameless Govinda in one of his ‘C’ grade flicks. But as luck would have it, I was expecting a call from my Packers and had to scamper back to my ‘future’ residence to receive the goods.

I have shed all inhibitions and never miss an opportunity to gorge home made food, which explains my immediate acceptance of an invitation by a colleague for dinner at his place. It was a re-union of sorts, with the boss gang and a couple of ex-colleagues meeting up on a breezy Saturday night.

Sunday was lazy and it was nice to watch Shah Rukh’s versatility and Ekta Kapoor’s triviality on channels like Sony Max and Star Plus which,way back in Chennai were portrayed as taboo channels and hence safely quarantined in the set top box, thanks to the Sun network monopoly.

The evening went in savoring some hot jalebis and pakodas that set the perfect stage to launch into a movie @ Imax in Spice Mall, and what could be better than, “My name’s Bond! Brooke Bond!” sorry James Bond. Well that’s the reason I guess Brooke Shields did not wed James Bond. Quite a decent flick but I would have preferred Pierce Brosnan in the lead role. The movie review would form the topic of another post.

Life’s suddenly got into fast forward 9x mode with so many things happening in such less time, and all I can do is “Bhaagam Bhaag”.
Whoever said “If everything is under your control, you ain’t going fast enough” was dead right about it! More to come on “Discovery of Delhi”….

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
3 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    You have had a very busy weekend - full of events, but you seemed to have enjoyed it thoroughly...I too feel like eating hot jalebis and watching those 'taboo' channels !

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    Too good dude!!!
    Welcome to Dilli...
    Winter has just started.... :)

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    Reading your blog makes me feel like i was with you thru these events. Enjoyable narration. By the was is 'Ramya' one of your own alias using which you leave a comment on all of your blogs?
    And dont censor this out of your blog ok.

    Girish