A brush with Stardom



What do you do when you receive a phone call from a close friend informing you that Shah Rukh Khan is at the Pizza Hut next door?

Well, we were in a similar situation today afternoon when a senior colleague of mine (Naveen Kumar) asked me to accompany him to "Murthy's Manor' - a huge mansion, one floor of which houses the Birlasoft guest house. Incidentally, the Telugu superstar Mr. Chiranjeevi happened to be at the venue. The reason: he owns a flat in the same building and was there to visit the same.

I pulled out my neolithic yet dependable bike (read as Kinetic Honda) and we set off on our date with Tinsel town, right in our own backyard.

I felt Naveen almost urging me to go faster, lest we miss the actor in the melee.

As we entered the premises, I expected a posse of policemen to filter people as they get in. But it was a pleasant surprise to find a no frill event in terms of activity.

However, I was greeted by a sleek C class Mercedez purring in the bay. " That's his: TN -09 9999, Naveen mumbled reverently."

As we raced up the stairs, the first batch of photographs were already being clicked. I could not comprehend much of the conversation since most of it was spoken in Telugu. (However, being from Bangalore I can read the script)

Though I've watched only a song or two of the actor, I could feel the awe surrounding him. It is but natural for us, Indians who enjoy these simple moments in life and this makes all of us," The Gods of small things".

Venu, Shiva, Raja, Naveen and myself all smiled away for snaps with the actor.

In fact there was a Satyam employees' round of photographs and later there was one round exclusively for Birlasoftians too.

Here are a couple of pics of the event. Cynosore for all eyes.

The "Legend" himself is in the center and is flanked by Naveen in the pinstripe light blue shirt in the second snap. Thanks for the tête-à-tête, Naveen.

Endaro mahaanubhaavulu.... A day in the life of India....

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
2 Responses
  1. Narrated interestingly, nice pics, hey, I see you near Chiranjeevi, and i can feel the pulse.

    And, Great to see you in the blog arena. Way to go!

  2. like the way u've put it..